Cognitive Remediation Conference Schedule
Agenda: CR in Psychiatry June 2, 2023
9:00 - Bringing Computational Psychiatry to the Clinic - Sophia Vinogradov, M.D. 9:45 - The Metamotivational Approach to Studying Motivation Regulation - David Miele, Ph.D. 10:30 - Break 11:00 - Cognitive Challenges, Cognitive Remediation & Lived Experience- Nev Jones, Ph.D. 11:45 Understanding and Improving Social Processes in Schizophrenia: Ability, Motivation, and Everything in Between - Michael Green, Ph.D.
12:30 - 2 pm - Poster Session and Lunch
2:00 - 3:15 pm - Research Symposium A - Cognitive Remediation Across the Diagnostic Spectrum 1. Compensatory Cognitive Training for Veterans in Residential Mental Health Treatment - Elizabeth Twamley, Ph.D. 2. A Meta-analytic Investigation of Cognitive Remediation for Mood Disorders: Efficacy and the Role of Study Quality, Participant and Treatment Factors – Matthew Kurtz, Ph.D. 3. Confirmatory Efficacy of Cognitive Enhancement Therapy for Early Schizophrenia: Results from a Multi-Site Randomized Trial - Jessica A. Wojtalik, Ph.D. 4. Novel Insights from Machine Learning: Can We Predict Individual Response to Computerized Cognitive Training in Psychosis? Lana Kambeitz-Ilankovic, Ph.D. 5. Neurobehavioral Affective Control Training (N-ACT): Novel Cognitive Remediation for Emotion Dysregulation and Related Psychopathologies - J.D. Allen, Ph.D.
2:00 - 3:15 pm - Research Symposium B – Integrative CR Approaches to Enhance Recovery Outcomes (Gary Donohoe, Moderator) 1. Vocational Intervention to Young People with Schizophrenia - Birthe Bruun Olsen and Pernille Pedersen, R.N., MHSc, Ph.D.
2. Development of Strategy Monitoring and Real-World Transfer Skills in Cognitive Remediation: Measurement, Correlates, and Implications for Therapist Roles - Christopher Bowie, Ph.D., CPsych
3. Combining Cognitive Remediation with Psychological Therapy for Long-term Recovery in Mood Disorders - Katie Douglas, PGDip Clin. Psych, Ph.D.
4. Combining Cognitive Remediation Training & Cognitive Behavioural Therapy- the CReSt-R Study – Emma Frawley, PhD and Gary Donohoe, DClin.Psych, Ph.D. 5. Integrative Cognitive Remediation vs Physical Exercise: A Multicentric Effectiveness RCT for Schizophrenia – Antonio Vita, M.D.
3:30 – 4:45 pm - Research Symposium C – Technology Mediated Delivery of Cognitive Health Treatments 1. Online Cognitive Remediation for Teenagers with Autism Spectrum Disorders: Results from the CICADAS Trial – Bruno Biagianti, M.D., Ph.D, Psy.D
2. Changes in Theory of Mind and fMRI following Online Social Cognitive Training in Schizophrenia - Christine Hooker, Ph.D.
3. Remotely-applied Cognitive Control Videogame Training for Depression - Mor Nahum, Ph.D.
4. Virtual and Augmented Reality in Psychosocial Rehabilitation for Adults with Neurodevelopmental Disorders – Bhing Leet Tan, Ph.D.
5. Remotely Delivered Cognitive and Functional Skills Training: Training and Gains and Real-World Transfer – Philip D. Harvey, Ph.D.
Afternoon Workshops 2:00 - 3:15 pm A. Social Cognitive Interventions for Adolescents and Adults with Autism Spectrum Disorder - Asma Bouden, MD, Zeineb Salma Abbes, MD and Isabelle Amado, M.D., Ph.D. 2:00 - 3:15 pm B. Addressing Diversity and Stigma in Cognitive Health Interventions - Lauren Gonzales, PhD and Shanique Meyler, M.A. 3:30 – 4:45 pm C. Integrated Neurocognitive Therapy for Schizophrenia - Daniel R. Müller, DPhil